Sunday, January 13, 2008

Melee Corrections

Since posting the Melee report, several people pointed out, here and through the TFT maillist, a couple things that I did wrong . First off, When Legolas rolled the triple ones at the start of the game, he should have done triple damage. The "to hit" roll is 3d6 against DX. A roll of 3 will always hit and does 3x damage, 4 always hits and does double damage, and 5 always hits. The other error was when the Orc rolled 17 "to hit". The Orc should have dropped his weapon. A roll of 16 always misses, 17 misses and the weapon is dropped, 18 misses and the weapon breaks.

There are some other errors as well: When ST falls to 1, the figure is unconscious. The orc took more than 5 hits in turn one, and will have a -2 adjDX in turn 2. Legolas cannot shoot and ready a new weapon. He can shoot and drop the bow, but he will have to ready the weapon in the next turn. Both Lurtz and Boromir appear to have taken 5 hits in turn 2 and should be -2 DX in turn 3. Again, Lurtz will be -2 DX in turn 4.

Thanks to everyone for helping me correct these errors and learn the mechanics. My goal for this game was to familiarize myself with combat so that I can play through solo adventures smoothly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.